We’re one month away from the release of “Muscle Shoals Sound Studio: How the Swampers Changed American Music,” a history of one of northwest Alabama’s legendary recording studios. That means there’s plenty of time for pre-orders! Here are your options:
- Alabama Booksmith: My first book signing will be at Alabama Booksmith on July 21 at 4 p.m. I’m thrilled to kick off the book there! Jake Reiss cultivates relationships with authors and readers alike, and every visit to his store is a treat. (Every book on the Booksmith’s shelves is autographed! Bonus.) And although it has absolutely nothing to do with me and my book, I’m excited for the “Mockingbird” event the Booksmith will host on July 23 at the Alabama Theatre. Won’t you join me?
- Church Street Coffee and Books: I’m a big fan of local bookstores, and I’m grateful that one of mine has partnered with me in the pre-order process. If you’re into autographed books, this is another great option; when you order, leave a note indicating that you’d like the book autographed, and I’ll do so before it’s sent your way.
- The History Press: You can also order the book directly from the publisher. They’d love it if you left a nice comment about the book, whether you buy it from them or elsewhere.
- Barnes and Noble: One of the great things about working with The History Press is their distribution relationships; my book will available at Barnes and Noble and Books-A-Million locations. (Sorry, Mom and Dad–it will likely be readily available in Alabama, but I can’t promise it’ll be on the shelves everywhere.)
- Books-A-Million: It’s one of the nation’s largest bookstores, but Books-A-Million also supports my local economy, as it’s based in Birmingham, Ala.
- Amazon: Be sure to check out my author page while you’re there. (I’m tickled to bits to have an author page!)
If you’re more inclined to borrow a book from your local library, I would love for you to check my book out! It isn’t yet available for request in my library system, but I do hope they’ll have it on the shelves of at least one location. I am a big believer in the value of libraries, and I would be honored if you checked my book out from yours.